Saturday, July 4, 2020

I am Bored...



Being bored is boring life quotes funny quotes quote life life ...

I am still bored right now.

I am bored.

No, really.  I am.  I am sitting here on the 4th of July and my kids are all off with fun pool parties and friends.
 I am home.
I am not drinking this weekend.
Long story- maybe later.






My mom says only boring people are bored.  That is not helping right now.  Yesterday it was 97 degrees and I emptied our shed which is the size of a small garage.  I almost passed out 2 times.  However, I was not bored.  You should see it now- the order is magnificent.  So, there's  that.


Last night we started watching Hamilton on Disney.  It was amazing but at midnight we were both so tired and decided to finish it tomorrow.  Tomorrow is here.  I could watch it right now...  but eh...

I am bored.




10 Patriotic 4th Of July 2020 Memes That Are As Festive As ...



I am reading such an interesting book.  The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek. 
I have discovered blue people from Kentucky.   I had to research this to see if it was true.  What?  With Black Lives Matter all over the place... I discover blue people??  It is quite time appropriate with how we treat others who don't look like us.  Perhaps I will read some more.


Photos at Foxhill park - Park
You see when I get bored I get stuck at times.
Stagnation.
 It brings to mind those ponds with muck across the top and flies swarming about.  I remember Foxhill Lake used to get like that in the summer.  It was so still and quiet.  Life seems to have gone that way for me.  During Covid 19 I had to continue to teach and was really busy.  My boredom did not begin until June.  So, I can create something...  I can read...  I can call some of my conversationalists...  I could clean like a freak...  I could wash the cars with my husband... (he is currently teaching our new driver in the house how to  do that) or I could take a morning nap. 

Why is it that doing nothing is so difficult?   No product to produce or being able to say, I spent the 4th July (you fill in the blank)

All the pics on the water that will flood Facebook have started.
Fun Activities for Your Next Lake Trip - Orr Pelican Lake Association
The fireworks have been already blasting off all week .  However, right now for me...  nothing.

Being versus Doing.
 I just read about the idea that so many of us need to feel like we are a part of something and Doing a task gives a sense of purpose.   I am built that way.  Set a goal; set a series of tasks; and get there.  Then look back and say- How did I do that??  But just "Being".  That is hard.  How do I do that?  I think I need to learn from my dogs- Murphy and Oscar.  They got that down.  All they do is cuddle, sleep, run after each other, eat, be adorable, and poop.  Can I have a day like that?  Without accomplishment?  See, I don't see Being as an accomplishment- but perhaps I might try this today.

I just had a thought.  Even though I have thought that I am doing nothing- I have been writing.  For real????  I have been doing.  Time to stop and try this being thing.  I am out.
Being Not Doing - Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life

1 comment:

  1. My very "bottom line" comment = God created human BEINGS not human DOERS ... (but I do have a lot more to say on the subject of being bored and stagnation .... want me to go on ???? )

    ReplyDelete